Travellers International Hotel Group, Inc. is committed to sustainability, driven by our belief that people should make the most out of life. We thrill the world responsibly, and leverage our business to help improve lives, protect the environment, and contribute to the economy.
The integrated resort of Travellers International Hotel Group, Inc. sits on 11 hectares of land in an urban environment located at Newport City, Newport Blvd., cor. Sales St., Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines. The property is bounded by Marriott Hotel to the North, Gozar Street to the East, Newport Blvd. to the West and Sales Street to the South. It consists of the following: World Class Casino gaming areas (located at the Garden Wing and Grand Wing); 5 international hotel brands (Marriott Manila, Sheraton Manila Hotel, Hilton Manila, Hotel Okura Manila and Holiday Inn Express Manila Newport City); International Luxury Brands Retail shops (located at GF and 2F); +/- 50 Restaurants offering a diverse selection of local and world cuisine, paired with a wide selection of the finest wines and popular liquors; 4 cinemas (100-300 seats with stadium seating and state-of-the-art cinema technology); and, an ultra modern Performing Arts Theater (1700 seats with state-of-art light and sound innovations and the largest LED wall in all of Southeast Asia).
We are committed to save our planet, the only one we have, and strongly believe that everyone must have a strong personal commitment to be part of the solution because protecting the environment begins with the individual. We commit to comply with and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulation and codes of practice.
We put sustainability at the very H.E.A.R.T. of our business as guided by the following principles:
- H – Healthy, Responsible and Sustainable Sourcing – We choose local partners and support businesses that practice environmental sustainability.
- E – Environmental Impact (Energy, Water, Food, Air and Waste) – We will employ management systems and procedures specifically designed to minimize the use of hazardous materials, energy and other natural resources, to minimize the generation of waste, and to enable recycling and reuse of materials.
- A – Active Engagement, Benchmarking, Certification – We will continually seek opportunities to improve our environmental performance by establishing objectives and targets, measuring progress, identifying risks and opportunities and measuring our competitiveness through benchmarking and certifications.
We have partnered with EarthCheck, the world’s leading Benchmarking and Certification provider as we are committed to continual improvement measured by way of annual Benchmarking Assessments .
- R – Reform, Reduce, Recycle, Repurpose – We will start by reforming our mindset so that we can promote a circular economy.
- T – Transform through Teaching, Training, Technology – We will promote participation and communicate our commitment by promoting sustainability among our employees; by providing the necessary training and support to enable them to implement this policy; by informing suppliers of our sustainability policy and encouraging them to adopt effective sustainable management practices; and by soliciting input from our employees, suppliers, customers and board members in meeting our sustainability goals.
(SGD) Kingson U. Sian
President & CEO
Travellers International Hotel Group Inc.
29 April 2022